Server crashed ? Had a backup but on the same server ? Bad idea!
Why not backup your installation in a trusted provider like Google Drive ? Your backup will always be safe.
By the end of this article, you’ll have complete knowledge on how can you configure your Google drive as a backup location in Softaculous and then create a backup of your WordPress site over it.
Step 1: Configure your Google Drive as a backup location in Softaculous
You will need to add your Google Drive as a backup location in Softaculous before you can create a backup over it. You can follow the below steps in order to do so.
Step 2: Create your WordPress backup to the Google drive location
Once you are done with Step 1, this step is a piece of cake. You can configure automated backups that occur at specific intervals as well as manual backups i.e. on time backups over Google Drive location.
Configure automated backups to Google Drive for your installation
- Login to your Control panel (e.g. cPanel).
- Look for the Softaculous icon and click on that icon to go to the Softaculous page.
- On the top-right icons section, you can find the All Installations icon. Click on the icon and all your installations will appear on this page.
- Look for the installation that you want to backup and click on the Edit icon, the edit installation details page will appear.
- On the Edit Installation Details Page, in the Backup Location dropdown select the Google Drive location that you created in Step 1.
- Next in the Automated Backups dropdown select the frequency at which you want the backups to be created. e.g. daily, weekly, monthly backups. You can also set custom frequency so that your backups will be created accordingly.
- The last field to set up an automated backup is Backup Rotation. Select the number of backups you wish to be available at any given time. e.g. if you set this as 2 then after 2 successful backups your oldest backup will be deleted.
- Click on the Save Installation Details button. This shall setup automated backup of your WordPress site over Google Drive.
Create a manual backup of your Site to Google Drive
If your default backup location is not set as Google Drive you can still manually create a backup on your Google Drive location.