There’s rather a lot happening in the world proper now, and security is prime of thoughts for everybody in the WordPress neighborhood. If you don’t know the place to start, or the right way to assist your friends, Executive Director Josepha Chomphosy’s advice to the worldwide neighborhood is to begin small.
Overall, February has been a busy month for WordPress. To start with, it was thrilling to see the passion for the discharge of WordPress 5.9 Joséphine from January proceed final month, and that’s not all.
We have many thrilling updates to share, so hold studying to study concerning the newest achievements from the WordPress neighborhood.
WordPress 6.0: May 24, 2022 is the proposed launch date
Gutenberg releases: Versions 12.5, 12.6, and 12.7 have been launched
The Core Team launched three new variations of Gutenberg final month. All include new options, code high quality enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Gutenberg 12.7 is obtainable to obtain. This model improves the Patterns expertise, means that you can add border kinds to column blocks, and consists of different new options.
- Gutenberg 12.6 was launched on February 16, 2022. This launch features a new colour panel, up to date colour controls, a brand new Post Author Biography block, Read More block, and loads of different thrilling updates!
- Gutenberg 12.5 was launched on February 2, 2022. This model permits switching theme kinds variations, customized taxonomies filtering, and extra.
WordPress News will get a brand new look
The redesign of WordPress News, which was first introduced by Matt Mullenweg, Co-Founder of WordPress, in State of the Word 2021, went dwell on February 16, 2022.
Team updates: #WP Diversity, a brand new weblog for builders, and extra
- The #WPDiversity working group, which is a part of the Community Team, hosted an open Zoom assembly with volunteers on February 23, 2022. If you’re in contributing, learn the recap of the meeting to view obtainable roles.
- The Core Team shared a proposal to start a blog on developer.wordpress.org to share information and updates related to builders.
- The first Gutenberg Developer Hours session hosted on February eighth by the Core Team was profitable. Head over to this page to study extra concerning the members’ suggestions.
- The Core Team printed “Feature Project: Plugin Dependencies,” the place they recognized the issues with plugin dependencies and prompt potential options to enhance the plugin expertise.
- The WordPress Photo Directory has a new Make team. There is presently an open call for team reps and collaboration is going on on the new #photos channel of the Make WordPress Slack.
- The Polyglots Team shared a proposal for a milestone template for the Polyglots Locale Teams.
- The Community Team printed a proposal for refurbishing camera kits.
- The Global Community Sponsors for 2022 have been introduced.
- The February 2022 version of the month-to-month Meetup Organizer Newsletter has been printed.
- The newest version of People of WordPress highlighting Tonya Mork was printed on February 28, 2022. Read Tonya’s story to study extra about how WordPress helped her discover herself once more after a well being disaster.
- The February 2022 version of the Polyglots Monthly Newsletter has been printed.
Feedback/Testing requests: WordPress iOS 19.3 and Android 19.3
WordCamp Europe 2022 pronounces steps to make sure a various, inclusive, and welcoming occasion
- WordCamp Europe 2022 announced a plan to make sure extra range and inclusion in occasions transferring ahead.
- The WordPress Foundation printed a put up on how open source software is good for business.
- In a current episode of WP Briefing titled “Five Cents on Five for the Future,” Executive Director Josepha Haden Chomphosy talks about future-proofing the WordPress undertaking with the Five for the Future pledge.
- The Training Team is internet hosting a number of WordPress Social Learning Meetups in March 2022.
- Don’t miss the next upcoming WordCamps:
- ?? WordCamp Genève, Switzerland on April 9, 2022 (in individual)
- ?? WordCamp Athens, Greece between April 9 and 10, 2022 (in individual)
- ?? WordCamp Vienna, Austria from April 23 to 24, 2022 (in individual)
- ?? WordCamp Europe in Porto, Portugal from June 2 to 4, 2022 (in individual)
- ?? WordCamp Montclair in New Jersey, USA June 25 (in individual)
- ?? WordCamp US in San Diego, California from September 9 to 11, 2022 (in individual)
Have a narrative that we may embrace in the subsequent ‘Month in WordPress’ put up? Let us know by filling out this form.